Here is a fun quick project to celebrate our love of bees.
- Brother embroidery sewing machine (I used my Brother Stellaire XJ1)
- Black embroidery thread
- Yellow embroidery thread
- Off-White embroidery thread
- Embroidery stabilizer
- Marking tool
- Heavy weight fabric such as canvas
- Optional: Seam sealant
1. Purchase a bee embroidery file of your choosing online. Save the file to a USB.
2. Insert the USB into your Brother embroidery sewing machine and retrieve the bee file.
3. Set up your large embroidery hoop and start creating your bees.
4. Once you’ve created 5-6 bees, remove the embroidery hoop from your machine and cut each individual bee out. To prevent the edges of your bee patch from fraying when you wash it, seal the edges with a seam sealant. If you want a more distressed look, skip that step.
5. Place your bees on your t-shirt in any design you like.
6. Mark the placement of your bees with a marking tool.
7. Stitch each bee in place by stitching around the edge of the bee’s head and body, leaving the wings free for a 3D effect.
8. Continue stitching until all of your bees are sewn in place.
9. You are finished.
Watch the Video: