Create DIY Fairy Wings for All
Sizes on It’s Sew Easy (Episode 1002-3)
The sky is the limit, if you have wings.
Fabric artist Terry McFeely creates whimsical fairy wings for all sizes on It’s Sew Easy. Creating a costume is the perfect reason to sew. Make a costume for a toddler, an adult or even a pet. With costumes, you can learn to sew and explore new fabrics, trims and techniques. Terry uses the Brother CS6000i computerized Sewing Machine to sew colorful fairy wings for children and adults.
She demonstrates the stitch in the ditch technique using an edge joining foot.
Machine and Information:
- Brother CS6000i Sewing Machine
- Fairy Wings Pattern
- Fabric & Elastic – Quantities determined by which size you make. See pattern and instructions for how to select size
- 12 gauge electrical – Quantity determined by which size you make. See pattern and instructions for how to select size
- Cardboard for Back Stay – Quantity determined by which size you make. See pattern and instructions for how to select size
- Stabilizing Fabric Spray
- Sewing Pins
- Safety Pin
- Glue Gun
- Glue sticks for Glue Gun
- Fabric Marking Pen
- FREE Downloadable PDF Instructions From It’s Sew Easy TV for episode 1002-3
We’d love to see your Wings! Be sure to share your Fairy photos with us on social media by tagging us at @BrotherSews and #StitchingSewcial on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and stop by again for another chapter from It’s Sew Easy.
Brother is a proud sponsor of It’s Sew Easy TV.