~Tabitha Sewer, Brother Sews Ambassador
Normally I’m not one to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day like most people, BUT I do like to wear a good pop of subtle green for the occasion! To make sure I had something on-hand for the holiday, I wanted to create a simple applique for one of my t-shirts! I made this simple 4 Leaf Clover cut file and felt it would be the perfect design to add that minimal look I wanted. Here’s how you can make your very own DIY St. Patrick’s Day t-shirt. Let’s create!
- Brother Stellaire Innovis XJ-1
- White T-shirt
- Four Leaf Clover Pattern
- Green Cotton Fabric
- Brother Iron-on Fabric Applique Contact Sheet
- Iron + Ironing Board
1. Find the Four Leaf Clover file in the link above, print and cut it out.
2. Take the Fabric Fuse and apply it to the back of the fabric.
3. Pin the clover to the fabric and cut out the shape. Cut in two different shades if you want to create a shadow effect like I did.
4. Once cut, I positioned the clover on the upper left side of my t-shirt and ironed it in place. The fabric fuse holds the fabric in place.
5. Sew around the outline of the clover at a ⅛” seam allowance to make sure it was securely attached to the shirt.
6. That’s all it took, and now I have a cute and minimal look for St. Patrick’s Day!