Convince Santa that you are nice, not naughty, with cookies baked just for him! This magical gift bag holds a bribe for Santa and a poem that will bring a smile. Or make goodies for your child’s teacher, a neighbor or a friend. The magic comes when the bag is quickly transformed into a holiday dishtowel by spritzing the seams with water. But first wrap it up with a personalized ribbon made on Brother’s P-touch Embellish!
- Bordered dishtowel approximately 18 x 28”
- Notions: water soluble thread, 1.5 yds. red 3/8” ribbon OR a P-touch Embellish red satin ribbon cartridge
- 6-8 large safety pins
- “Presents for Santa” from iBroidery (Design #DCXM1512)
- Optional: Brother P-touch Embellish
Note: All seams are sewn with water soluble thread in needle, regular thread in bobbin. A small aluminum loaf pan was used for the measurements given below. A different container would require new calculations.
- Select cookie design iBroidery #DC XM1512 and add optional text with PR-Design software.
- Press crease 10” from decorative hemline. Determine placement of design.
- Embroider cookie design near hem border.
- Fold plain end of towel up 8.” With right sides together iron crease. Stitch side seams.
- Sew corners diagonally to create bag bottom. Match seam line with center crease.
- Stitch 3 ½” from beginning of side seam.
- Turn bag right side out. Attach safety pins from inside, 2 at center back, one on each side and two at center front.
- Create ribbon with your personalized message on the P-touch Embellish. This reads To Santa from the Chapmans.
Note: The maximum length of ribbon printed by the P-touch Embellish is 39”. For this project the text was reversed so it could be read hanging down and simply tied in a knot as that is not enough length to make a bow. A bow was added to the knot with a separate piece of ribbon.
- Thread ribbon through safety pin eyelets.
Magic Cookie Poem: This cookie bag was made for you.
- Load pan with cookies and include this poem.
To make a dishtowel, here’s what you do.
Just wet the seams with a cloth or spray.
See all the stitches melt away!
Be glad this was made for dessert or fruit.
I could have made you a bathing suit.