The foundation for a special occasion table is the linens. Combining purchased linens with THE Dream Machine (or any other Brother embroidery machine with 5×7 frame), you can create a uniquely luxurious tablescape. The designs used on these linens are built-in on THE Dream Machine and are also available at www.iBroidery.com. So many designs on this site have companions, making it easy to coordinate napkins and tablecloths. These linens are perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day, anniversaries, graduation or other family occasions. The threads and designs coordinate with my daughter’s china, handed down from her grandmother. It’s hard to imagine how long it would have taken this dear lady to stitch a set of linens such as this. And yet, women of that spent countless hours with needle and thread, so important was it for them to set a beautiful table. Blessed with our Brother embroidery machines and the huge variety of downloadable designs, available 24/7, we can create loveliness easily and rather quickly. When I first viewed iBroidery designs exe01 17 and exe01 18 on THE Dream Machine, and then spotted this linen set, I knew it was the perfect foundation for these embroideries. At last, they have been combined to create a beautiful set of table linens. You can do the same!
- Tablecloth with matching napkins (See chart below for size suggestions)
- exe01 17. Sized for 5×5 frame @ 3.66 x 5.29
- exe01 18. Sized for 4 x 4 frame @ 3.66 x 1.36
- embroidery threads, Brother Stabilizer Roll, lightweight adhesive-backed water soluble stabilizer SA5906, water soluble marking pen, wide black marking pen, 24-36” square of paper or stabilizer for pattern, circular object such as platter or plate for tablecloth center template, spray adhesive
- Pre-wash linens, press and starch areas to be embroidered.
- Fold tablecloth in quarters and mark center as well as vertical and horizontal axes.
- Print template of napkin design exe01 17 and exe01 18.
- Fold napkins diagonally and mark design placement with paper template.
- Tape the large paper in place and mark its center. Through the circle, mark horizontal and diagonal crosshairs. See image #4.
- Measure diameter of centerpiece or determine a size. The platter used for this large tablecloth is 13”.
- Use black marker to draw circle around platter. Then draw lines through vertical, horizontal and diagonal center. If yours is a smaller size, fewer lines may be necessary, thus fewer designs.
- Print required number of design templates and tape them in place, alternating the larger and smaller designs.
- Place tablecloth over paper pattern, matching centers, vertical and horizontal markings. Secure it in place with tape or pins if it is on a padded surface.
- Use a water-soluble marker to draw cross hairs. Mark the center of each design with an X and add an arrow at the top as shown in blue in image #4.
Embroidery for Center
- Embroider the designs as marked.
- Use rotary ruler to mark a 45-degree diagonal line into each corner of the tablecloth. Determine placement with printed template. Mark cross hairs with wss (water soluble stabilizer) marker. Take note of that measurement and use it to mark the remaining corners.
- Hoop wss stabilizer in 4×4 frame. Spray with wss adhesive and place napkin corner on stabilizer. Select exe01 18 and center design in the frame in one of two ways. Use the snowman to center.
- OR Use the needle point check key with laser. Move to locate center.
- Add basting frame and embroider.
- Embroider tablecloth corners in same manner.
- Place center piece, set the table and enjoy an elegant special occasion.
This handy sizing chart was included with the linen set.