Craftsy’s 2017 Quilt Designer Fellowship
As we continue to celebrate National Quilting Month, we are so pleased to be a sponsor of the 2nd Annual Quilt Designer Fellowship! Craftsy is looking for designers with a distinctive style and original point of view, and would love to see your work. Plus, Angela Walters and Kristin Link are back to reprise their roles as expert panel judges, this year alongside Pat Sloan, Roxane Cerda and Roseann Kermes !
This year’s Fellowship winner will take home:
- The Brother Innov-is NQ1300PRW sewing machine, that comes with a Free-motion Echo Quilting Foot, Free-motion Quilting Foot, Walking Foot and ¼” Quilting Foot with Guide
- Fall Quilt Market Booth ($1500 value)
- $1500 cash to put toward Quilt Market booth decorations, travel, printing flyers, etc.
- Quilt Fellowship Winner signage for your Quilt Market booth
- $500 worth of fabric from Craftsy’s favorite brands
- Logo development – various file formats provided (web/print ready)
- Four hours of marketing consultation with Craftsy experts
- Session 1: Best practices for bloggers
- Session 2: Using social media to scale your business
- Session 3: Customized analysis of your website or blog
- Session 4: Personalized question-and-answer session on topic of your choice
THE NITTY GRITTY: APPLICATION DETAILS
So how do you apply, and what do you include, you ask?
Complete the online application here. Then, email 4-6 photos that are representative of your work to email@example.com. Don’t worry, Craftsy promises that all images will be kept confidential.
All applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- Creativity: Fresh, original design aesthetic that encourages and inspires more people to quilt
- Initiative: Motivation and drive to succeed in business, within the quilting industry
- Design potential: Overall aesthetic and design marketability
The deadline for submission is April 1, 2017. The winner will be notified on May 1, 2017.
Meet our Judges here.
LET’S CELEBRATE CREATIVITY TOGETHER
At Craftsy we’re all about helping creativity grow, whether your dream is to complete your first quilt — or launch your own quilting business. Our Quilt Designer Fellowship celebrates the next generation of quilting visionaries by helping up-and-coming designers establish professional credentials and gain marketplace exposure. We can’t wait to see what you create!
Learn more about the Quilt Designer Fellowship 2017 program here.