I was playing around with my BES4 Power Pack 2 software and thought of this little saying. Yes, I could have embroidered the entire thing, but I wanted to use some of my Power Pack 2 tools for this one instead. I love playing with the different Heat Transfer Vinyl that is available. This project is quick and has very little sewing involved. I hope you enjoy it.
- HTV – Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Weeding – the process of removing excess vinyl from Adhesive Vinyl or Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Carrier Sheet – The top plastic piece of HTV. This goes face down on the cutting mat and you do not cut through it. It allows you to carry it to your project to press it to the project without it falling apart.
- Half Cut – The process of cutting through the media but not the carrier sheet. This is a setting that can be turned on in the Settings menu of the ScanNCut DX225 machine.
- BES4 with Power Pack 2 activated
- ScanNCut DX machine – This project uses the ScanNCut DX225 machine. If you use a different machine you will need to adjust your blade depth appropriately.
- Blue craft felt 17 in x 12 in
- Stiff white craft felt for optional snowflakes
- Wood dowel
HTV in the following colors – these are only suggestions:
Follow the video tutorial to create the project. It is comprehensive. After you have watched the video, here are a few details that may help you.
- Cut the blue craft felt to 17 x 12 inches. 17 inches is the height measurement.
- On the top of the long side fold the felt down 1 ½ inches to make a casing for the banner.
- Pin into place.
- Sew the casing with a straight stitch.
Create something fun today!